WATCH: Key Players in Wash. Marriage Equality Victory Raise Equality Flag on Space Needle
BY Sunnivie Brydum
July 01 2013 3:23 PM ET UPDATED: July 02 2013 2:01 PM ET
Jane Abbot Lighty, 77, left, and Pete-e Peterson, 85, who were the first same-sex couple in King County to recieve a marriage license, helped hoist the flag.
Tags: Marriage Equality
- #TBT: Selling the Male Body
- Where in the World Are the Happiest Gay Men?
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- Poised for Perfection: Sgt. Shane Ortega Puts a Face to the Transgender Military Ban
- New Report Underlines Savage Inequalities Faced by LGBT Americans
- Alabama's Antigay Chief Justice Scolds Ruth Bader Ginsburg on 'Judicial Ethics'