WATCH: A Gay Wedding Picture Is Worth 1,138 Rights
BY Sunnivie Brydum
April 15 2013 3:45 PM ET
A new campaign from the authors of an instructional book on gay and lesbian wedding photography hopes to go viral and show that a picture can be worth more than 1,000 words — it can be worth 1,138 federal rights.
Photographer Thea Dodds teamed up with Kathryn Hamm of GayWeddings.com to produce Capturing Love: The Art of Lesbian and Gay Wedding Photography, a how-to book and visual guide for photographing gay and lesbian weddings.
And now, the Capturing Love team has created a customizable image highlighting the importance of federally recognized marriage for LGBT couples.
"We all know a picture is worth 1,000 words," reads the image. "This one is also worth 1,138 federal rights."
You can download your own copy of the "A Picture Is Worth" frame, complete with instructions on how to insert your photo, here. Then Capturing Love asks users to post the customized image to Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter, tagging Capturing Love to demonstrate a shared support for marriage equality.
Watch a video about the importance of Capturing Love below, and find more information about the "Picture" campaign here.
- Women Kim Basinger is Sleek and Sexy in Pin-Striped Men's Suit 25 min 17 sec ago
- Women Op-ed: The Right's War on Christmas - The 2013 Edition! 1 hour 9 min ago
- Entertainment News Ian McKellen Surprised Hobbit Fans At Desolation of Smaug Screening 7:07 PM
- Travel Sia Wants You to Help the Street Animals of India 5:23 PM
- Media BBC to Air Buffy The Vampire Slayer Retrospective 4:54 PM
- Women WATCH: Julia Roberts Is the Caboose in an Ellen DeGeneres Conga Line! 4:49 PM
- Sports Chicago Gay Hockey Association Wins at Celebrating Christmas 4:19 PM