Group Leader Refers to Trans Advocate as a 'Lady'
BY Michelle Garcia
August 14 2013 3:19 PM ET
The leader of an anti-LGBT organization referred to a transgender male advocate as a "lady" during a CNN Newsroom segment on Tuesday.
Randy Thomasson of SaveCalifornia.com spoke with CNN's Brooke Baldwin and Transgender Law Center's Masen Davis to discuss California's new law ensuring that transgender students can use the facilities of their choice and participate in programs corresponding with their gender identity. At the end of the segment he said, "Hey, good talking to you ladies."
According to watchdog group, Media Matters, Thomasson has made remarks similar to that in the past. He has said that gay rights are "the devil's work" and referred to the new transgender policy as a "sexual indoctrination law."
- The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- Fox's Newest Cop Comedy Is Quietly Breaking Ground
- Gay Tenn. 12-Year-Old Still Fighting the ‘Don’t Say Gay’ Bill He Helped Kill
- Chicago Monthly Paper Threatens to Out Aldermen
- WATCH: Honey Maid's Newest Commercial Features Gay Families
- Media Chicago Monthly Paper Threatens to Out Aldermen 8:40 PM
- Travel VIDEO: George Takei at Austin's SXSW Festival 7:17 PM
- Women WATCH: Bisexuality v. Pansexuality - We Discuss the Difference 7:02 PM
- Television WATCH: Honey Maid's Newest Commercial Features Gay Families 6:45 PM
- Women 5 Things That Pissed Us Off This Week: Homegrown Homophobia 6:27 PM
- Religion Far-Right Minister: Gays Responsible for Ukraine Crisis 6:25 PM
- Travel Copenhagen: The Gayest Place in 2014 5:55 PM