Group Leader Refers to Trans Advocate as a 'Lady'
BY Michelle Garcia
August 14 2013 3:19 PM ET
The leader of an anti-LGBT organization referred to a transgender male advocate as a "lady" during a CNN Newsroom segment on Tuesday.
Randy Thomasson of SaveCalifornia.com spoke with CNN's Brooke Baldwin and Transgender Law Center's Masen Davis to discuss California's new law ensuring that transgender students can use the facilities of their choice and participate in programs corresponding with their gender identity. At the end of the segment he said, "Hey, good talking to you ladies."
According to watchdog group, Media Matters, Thomasson has made remarks similar to that in the past. He has said that gay rights are "the devil's work" and referred to the new transgender policy as a "sexual indoctrination law."
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- The Marriage Equality Photo Seen Round the World
- Out Photographer Slammed for Gay Iwo Jima Re-Creation
- Op-ed: What Happened When President Obama Met Two Trans Service Members
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Why Is the Duggar Family Paying the Cops Investigating Them?