Group Leader Refers to Trans Advocate as a 'Lady'
BY Michelle Garcia
August 14 2013 3:19 PM ET
The leader of an anti-LGBT organization referred to a transgender male advocate as a "lady" during a CNN Newsroom segment on Tuesday.
Randy Thomasson of SaveCalifornia.com spoke with CNN's Brooke Baldwin and Transgender Law Center's Masen Davis to discuss California's new law ensuring that transgender students can use the facilities of their choice and participate in programs corresponding with their gender identity. At the end of the segment he said, "Hey, good talking to you ladies."
According to watchdog group, Media Matters, Thomasson has made remarks similar to that in the past. He has said that gay rights are "the devil's work" and referred to the new transgender policy as a "sexual indoctrination law."
- The Backlash
- 14 Camp Classics We Can't Stop Quoting — Bad Girls Edition
- WATCH: Preview of Tomorrow's Supreme Court Argument
- Op-ed: Drag Race's Prison-Themed Challenge Raised Uncomfortable Questions
- Another Event Moves; Gay Hotel Owners Apologize for Ted Cruz Dinner Party
- More Events Cancel Over Gay Hotel Owner's Ted Cruz Dinner Party