Group Leader Refers to Trans Advocate as a 'Lady'
BY Michelle Garcia
August 14 2013 3:19 PM ET
The leader of an anti-LGBT organization referred to a transgender male advocate as a "lady" during a CNN Newsroom segment on Tuesday.
Randy Thomasson of SaveCalifornia.com spoke with CNN's Brooke Baldwin and Transgender Law Center's Masen Davis to discuss California's new law ensuring that transgender students can use the facilities of their choice and participate in programs corresponding with their gender identity. At the end of the segment he said, "Hey, good talking to you ladies."
According to watchdog group, Media Matters, Thomasson has made remarks similar to that in the past. He has said that gay rights are "the devil's work" and referred to the new transgender policy as a "sexual indoctrination law."
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Artist Spotlight: Kent Monkman
- Couple Indicted Over Torture Death of 8-Year-Old They Thought Was Gay
- Hot Sheet: They Are Risen
- Homophobe Scott Lively Will Be on Ballot for Mass. Governor
- Capitol Hill Staffers Blocked for Antitrans Wikipedia Edits
- Philly-Area Trans Teen Commits Suicide on Train Tracks