Group Leader Refers to Trans Advocate as a 'Lady'
BY Michelle Garcia
August 14 2013 3:19 PM ET
The leader of an anti-LGBT organization referred to a transgender male advocate as a "lady" during a CNN Newsroom segment on Tuesday.
Randy Thomasson of SaveCalifornia.com spoke with CNN's Brooke Baldwin and Transgender Law Center's Masen Davis to discuss California's new law ensuring that transgender students can use the facilities of their choice and participate in programs corresponding with their gender identity. At the end of the segment he said, "Hey, good talking to you ladies."
According to watchdog group, Media Matters, Thomasson has made remarks similar to that in the past. He has said that gay rights are "the devil's work" and referred to the new transgender policy as a "sexual indoctrination law."
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- World Record Bodybuilder Comes Out as Trans
- Brokeback Mountain: The 10th Anniversary of a Gay Classic
- WATCH: CIA Contractor Details Antigay Harassment by Colleagues in War Zone
- 10 Things People Living With HIV Are Sick of Hearing
- These Are the U.S. Trans Women Killed in 2015