The 6 Best Parents of 2013
BY Alex J Davidson
December 23 2013 5:00 AM ET
Dad's Letter Helps Son Come Out
The father of a closeted gay teen who wrote a letter to his son after overhearing a conversation his son was having about plans to come out to his family. The letter reads:
I overheard your phone conversation with Mike last night about your plans to come out to me. The only thing I need you to plan is to bring home OJ and bread after class. We are out, like you now.
I’ve known you were gay since you were six. I’ve loved you since you were born.
P.S. Your mom and I think you and Mike make a cute couple.
- Women This is the Meryl Streep/Hillary Clinton Selfie You Need In Your Life Right Now! 42 min 25 sec ago
- Comedy Throwback Thursday: Richard Simmons' Inappropriate Whose Line Appearance 1 hour 29 min ago
- Women WATCH: AI's Out Performer MK Nobilette Does 'To Make You Feel My Love' 1 hour 45 min ago
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Married British Same-Sex Couples Are Now Legal 2 hours 23 sec ago
- Travel Forget J.Lo, Windy City Gay Idol is the Hot Ticket 2 hours 3 min ago
- Parenting How Every Parent Should Respond to A Child Coming Out 2 hours 17 min ago
- Pride Will Lithuania Ban Pride Parades? 2 hours 19 min ago