All Rights reserved
Amid cries for gun control and the guilty plea of his former deputy campaign manager, Donald Trump gave a speech to the Conservative Political Action Conference meeting on Friday in Maryland. Trump did not disappoint his rambunctious crowd -- he threw them a steady stream of red meat declarations, concerning everything from God to Hillary Clinton, that they ate up. Here are some of the most outrageous statements:
* "We didn't have one Democratic vote [on his massive tax giveaway to the wealthy] and I think that's gonna cost them in the midterms"
* Speaking on Democrats: "And by the way, they're crazed anyway, these people, they're really crazed"
* "My administration, I think, has had the most successful first year in the history of the presidency"
* "If they get in, they will repeal your tax cuts, they will put judges in that you wouldn't believe, they'll take away your second amendment, which we will never allow" (massive cheering)
* "We have a crooked media...we had a crooked candidate by the way" (met by "Lock Her Up!" cheers)
* "Obamacare is just being wiped out"
* "You need the electoral college, which by the way is much tougher than the popular vote, the popular vote, it would be so much easier, you go to three or four states and you just go and you just do a great job. Hillary forgot that, she went to these states and said, "what's he doing?" Why does she keep going back to California? Next time they're going to remember Iowa, they're going to remember Ohio, they spent a lot of time in Pennsylvania to no avail"
* "We have to treat people that treat us well, we treat them well, people that treat us badly, we treat them much worse than they can imagine" (cheers)
* "Don't worry, you're getting the wall, don't worry"
* "Because in America, we don't worship government, we worship God"
* "When we declare our schools to be gun-free zones, it just puts our students in far more danger"
* "You had one guard, he didn't turn out to be too good I will tell you that, he turned out to be not good, he was not a credit to law enforcement, that I can tell you" speaking about the guard at Parkland High School
* "And we we're working to get violent defenders of our streets and behind bars and get them behind bars quickly, for a long time, or get them the hell out of our country"
* "The Democrats are being totally unresponsive, they don't want to do anything about DACA, I'm telling you, and it's very possible that DACA won't happen and it's not because of the Republicans, it's because of the Democrats, and frankly you better elect more Republican's folks"
* "We are calling on Congress to build a great border wall to stop dangerous drugs and criminals from pouring into our country"
* "Even the media, the media will absolutely support me sometime prior to the election, all those horrible people back there, they're gonna support me, you know why? Because if somebody else won, their ratings would go down and they would all be out of business, nobody would watch"