Antigay Watch List: Why Do Voters Love Our Villains?
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 08 2012 6:00 AM ET
Todd Akin, U.S. Senate, Missouri
Democratic incumbent Claire McCaskill has defeated antigay Republican Todd Akin for U.S. Senate from Missouri. Akin, a U.S. House member seeking to move up to the Senate, became infamous this year with his remark about women’s bodies being able to prevent pregnancy in cases of “legitimate rape,” but his antigay rhetoric is just as mind-boggling. He said expansion of the federal hate-crimes law would actually “increase hatred,” and he referred to repeal of “don’t ask, don’t tell” as “an eclipse of reason.” (Read More About The Race)
- Out NYC Owners Call Gays 'Cheap,' 'Entitled' In Disastrous Interview
- 9 Celebs Who Learned the Hard Way the T-Word Is Over
- Could National Marriage Equality Mean the End of Gay Culture?
- The Films of the 26th Annual Honolulu Rainbow Film Festival
- WATCH: Kris Jenner Weep About Bruce For Her Reality Show
- Newly Out Fox Contributor Isn't Very Concerned About Gay Rights