Antigay Watch List: Why Do Voters Love Our Villains?
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 08 2012 6:00 AM ET
Linda Lingle, U.S. Senate, Hawaii
Mazie Hirono, an LGBT-friendly U.S. representative from Hawaii, will move up to the Senate with her victory over Linda Lingle, who as the state's governor had vetoed civil unions legislation. In a recent debate, Democrat Hirono took Republican Lingle to task for her veto, which she made in front of LGBT activists she had called to witness it. They had expected her to sign it. (Read More About The Race)
- 14 Stunning Photos of LGBT Military Personnel
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- Gallery of Geek: Yannick Tallarida
- 6 Last-Minute Exercises for the Perfect Gay Beach Bod
- Op-Ed: Gay Purple Heart Recipient Says 'Mission Not Accomplished'