Antigay Watch List: Why Do Voters Love Our Villains?
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 08 2012 6:00 AM ET
Linda Lingle, U.S. Senate, Hawaii
Mazie Hirono, an LGBT-friendly U.S. representative from Hawaii, will move up to the Senate with her victory over Linda Lingle, who as the state's governor had vetoed civil unions legislation. In a recent debate, Democrat Hirono took Republican Lingle to task for her veto, which she made in front of LGBT activists she had called to witness it. They had expected her to sign it. (Read More About The Race)
- First Gay Couple to Wed at West Point Turns Tables on Antigay Attacker
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- Op-ed: Are Millennials More Racist Than Antigay?
- Op-ed: Think NOM Is Dead? Think Again
- UFC Women's Champ: 'I Wouldn't Refuse' to Fight a Trans Athlete
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers