Artist Spotlight: Best of Art, 2013
BY Christopher Harrity
December 21 2013 6:00 AM ET
Above: Tom of Finland, Untitled (From Beach Boy 1 story), 1971 Pen & ink, gouache on paper 8.25” x 5.75”
COQ International Collection, Tom of Finland Foundation Permanent Collection © 1971 Tom of Finland Foundation
For more: Tom of Finland
The work of Tom of Finland and Bob Mizer set the dials of fantasy for multiple generations of gay men (and some women) since the middle of the last century.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Shonda Rhimes to Antigay Viewer: 'Bye Felicia'
- WATCH: Ruth Bader Ginsburg Sees 'No Crying Need' for SCOTUS to Take Up Marriage
- Obama: Constitution 'Does Guarantee Same-Sex Marriage in All 50 States'
- Last-Minute Gift Ideas for the Catholic Who Suddenly Wants to Be Friends
- Op-ed: Be a Lady, Not a Tramp