In the Mood: Varieties of Valentine's Love
BY Christopher Harrity
February 08 2014 5:00 AM ET
Whether you believe that love is a thief in the night, that love stinks, or is a battlefield, or that love means never having to say you're sorry, this is the time of year when love is in the air. Love can take many forms and expressions — it can be an elevated spiritual experience, it can feel like a gut-wrenching ache, and everyone knows that a great love affair can change the course of history.
Perhaps no one is better suited to illustrate the amazing power of love, than our contributing artists and photographers. These images, collected from The Advocate's ongoing Artist Spotlight series, show the range of love: from sweet and tender, to raging, heart-racing, and all-consuming.
Survival House 1977
- WATCH: Dan Savage on Kentucky Clerk's Religious Double Standards
- 'Old Redneck Hillbilly' Husband of Kim Davis Has a Warning for Nosey People
- Op-ed: How The Danish Girl Helped Me Discover Myself
- Why Are We Gay?
- 5 HIV-Positive Men Give Advice to Their Former Selves
- Op-ed: The Real Ramifications of the Rentboy Raid